How To Make Delicious Beef Barley Soup
Place these Chunky Ingredients on the OUTSIDE of the cylindrical steel filter:
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 113 cup pearl barley
- 1112 carrots,chopped
- 330 gms or 2/3 lb stewing beef, cubed
- 1 113 stalks celery, chopped
Place the plastic lid on top of the blender jug and remove the transparent center cap
to open the food chute.
Ingredients for the Broth. Place on the INSIDE of the cylindrical steel filter through the food chute:
- 1 1/2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried sage, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 1/3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 can chopped tomatoes or equivalent of fresh tomatoes
- Replace the transparent cap back onto the top of the blender jug.
- Place jug onto its base and connect to the socket.
- Press”ON/OFF” button, then press “CHUNKY SOUP” button.
- After 30 minutes the Soup Maker will beep and will automatically switch off.
- Remove the lid
- Then, use a cloth to grab and remove the cylindrical steel filter from the Soup Maker
jug. Be careful, it is HOT!
- Pour into bowls then serve beef barley soup and enjoy!